The Mining Forum of South Africa is a Non-Profit Organisation founded on the basis of enforcing compliance with regard to Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act (MPRDA) of 2002, the Mining Charter of South Africa and Social and Labour Plans (SLPs).The Forum aims to see compliance of the laws and regulations governing the mining industry for the benefit of mine employees and communities.
To be the primary advocate of the South African mining industry enforcing laws and regulations that govern the mining industry while building a strong, responsible and globally competitive South African mining and mineral processing industry that creates wealth and opportunities for all.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
As the Mining Forum of South Africa, we champion compliance and enforcement of Social and Labour Plans (SLP’s) as per MPDRA Act and the Mining Charter. We also advocate the creation of training programmes for unemployed youths in the mining communities for skills development and employment...
OUR ROLE IN THE SOCIETY
Our Business Objectives
1. Promote equitable access to the nation's mineral resources to all the people of South Africa.
2. Promote, protect and defend the mining industry in South Africa.
3. Protect and defend the Department of Mineral Resources (DMR) and its laws and regulations.
4. Promote and enforce implementation of Social and Labour Plans (SLPs) in all mining
communities in South Africa by all mines. 5. Promote and enforce implementation of laws and regulations outlined in the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (MPRDA).
6. Promote and enforce the implementation of the Mining Charter in mining industry- the broad based socio-economic empowerment charter for the South African mining industry.